Most people do this before Thanksgiving, but just before I wrap up this year’s iteration of the holiday, I thought I’d share what I was most thankful for this year:
- Patrick. He’s my best friend. He makes me laugh all the time with his often horrifically corny jokes and genuine sense of humor. Also, it has been a rough year, and he has been a steady rock for me even when horrible situations have made me an absolutely atrocious person to live with. He’s just the best. Most of the time I feel like any compliment I give is an understatement.
- Thankful for all the girls who dated him previously who were too dumb to keep him around. Much appreciated!
- My friends. Especially over the past month, as I was dealing with the drama surrounding my mother. Many of you read this, and I love you guys so very much. I hope you know that. I feel very lucky to consider some of you my friends. It took me awhile to learn that even though my family is, well, a mess, I can create my own out of wonderful people.
- Patrick’s family. They are good, sincere people. It’s rare.
- Derek, my brother. You’re stupid, and I love you. Fatty.
- Clover and Horatio, our dogs.
- Blogging and the internet.
- My Kitchen-Aid Artisan Stand Mixer.
- Cheap wine from Trader Joe’s.
And now, here are some pictures from the holiday weekend:
Now, onward to Christmas! I’ve gotten a few gifts taken care of so far, but there is still so much to do. I’m rather excited. The next two weeks are filled with Christmas parties at work and with friends, and then it’s the holiday itself.
This time of year is filled with fun. It’s a shame it goes by so quickly.
This weekend? It’s our two year anniversary, and it’s the Scottish Walk. We’re also finally getting a showing of a potential apartment in Alexandria. It’s going to be amazing.